Saturday, February 22, 2014

Reviving KP30: Exterior Pt 6 -wheels

   When building a J-Tin like mine, a period correct set of wheels is a must to achieve that 70s feel tuning era. Although mine aren't kinda rare or famous enough like the watanabe, hayashi or ssr's, but im still looking forward to bring out the best that I can with these Enkei Apache.
 

 Without any machining method, I went to work with these manually. Sandpapers and Meguiars metal polish are the only tools that I need and it was my first time doing this.


Started with 450 grit sandpapers and smoothen them gradually with 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2000, and lastly 2500 grit before I apply the Meguiars metal polish.


9 steps for each wheel 4 wheels all together then I knew Im crazy enough to this :p . The hardest part was to remove the coatings and of course I burned my fingertips.


That advan RG 2 over there is one of my stool to do the hard work..haha


How it looks like after 8 steps before applying meguiars.


Completed sets of 4


120 man hours later after applying Meguiars metal polish


   I swear to myself that Im not going to do this again but all the hard work paid off ! Next time just send them over to the machine shop and wiggle your legs 


No comments:

Post a Comment